Saturday, April 17, 2010

As of lately, we have had some minor changes.
I am no longer going to be working where I live. I start Monday at a new location. It is much bigger than where I am now and it is beginning a renovation. My supervisors tell me that I will be a good fit because my strengths will help with some of their weaknesses. It will be a big change of pace. I'm glad to have the opportunity where I can prove myself.
Also, last week Ruth and I sponsored a child in Costa Rica. His name is Magdiel and he is 2-years old. His family has a seasonal income of $52 dollars a month. The organization we are working with is through our church and all our money goes directly to his needs (food, shelter, education, healthcare, etc.) We will be sponsoring him until he is 16 and has an education or skilled labor training. Until he is old enough to write himself, his mother will be writing us back and forth. We are really excited to have Magdiel in our lives.
Otherwise, not much else is happening. Ruth is finishing her schoolwork for the semester of grad school. She is interested in some book suggestions for her to read this summer. I have been re-reading The Lord of the Rings and another book called Comfortable with Uncertainty written by a Buddhist nun named Pema Chodron. We took the dogs to the vet today and they are both in excellent health. All the vets and techs said that Madge was the sweetest dog they have ever seen. I will probably spend most of the rest of the day at the dog park. The weather here is gray, damp, and cold. It reminds me of an Indiana winter.
Josh is going to come down tonight when he gets off work. The property where he works is also going under renovation and he is bringing me 2 large potted plants. I'm really excited.
Also, so far our guest-schedule consists of Fred, Kathy, and Papa (Kathy's dad) coming down at the end of April. Des (friend from Tuesday night club, Folk Tales [see previous post]) coming the first or second week of May. Katie and Matt (and more?) are coming early July. Kimbles are coming the end of July/August. Ruth will be gone the 2nd half of June to go back to Malawi so if you want to come visit you better plan in advance.*

*all dates subject to change. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment