Friday, May 14, 2010

This and That

Well, Steven will be proud. I never blog, but I'm in the mood this evening. :)

A lot has been going on since the last post...

I was offered a second grade teaching position with Fremont Elementary, which is the school I am currently working for as a special ed assistant teacher. I would LOVE to teach at this school because the staff is amazing, and it is a good group of students. The same day this great news happened Steven also got fabulous news...promotion number two! Steven has landed himself his very own property in....DENVER! He is the new Community Director of North Creek apartments on the north side. Of course he accepted the position so I'm back on the job search, again. Prayers for a great teaching position would really be appreciated!

Along with Steven's promotion means another move. The commute would be about an hour and twenty minutes, and it would include going through Palmer Divide everyday, which is a hot spot for terrible weather. After going back and forth between an apartment and renting a house we decided to go with an apartment. Click here to check out the apartment we're considering. We are really interested in floor plan F. Hopefully we'll be settled in before I leave for Africa. Fingers crossed!

More big news that has little to do with Steven and myself...Josh got a dog! It is a 4 month old dachshund named Swarley (Pronounced like Harley, but with "Sw"). He's adorable, and our dogs are getting along great with him. Madison is very motherly toward him, and Oscar is still evaluating the situation. It's been fun getting to play with a puppy.

Some fun news: I went to the dentist and got an A+!! Mom and Dad are saying, "Unbelievable!" I always have cavities despite my obsession with dental hygiene so this is an occasion to rejoice!

Finally,

I'll be leaving for Malawi on June 13, and I will be returning to Colorado June 30. We will be going to Mtendere Village Orphanage again, and we will be taking donations with us. If you are able to donate, and you are interested here are the details:

We can take checks, which will be cashed to buy supplies for the orphanage. These can be tax deductible. Let me know if you are interested in the tax deduction, and I can get AFC to send you a receipt. You can either make the checks out to me (Ruth Moll) or Ambassadors for Children. Every little bit can help. Even if you can only do $10 you will make a difference in the life of these children. (I wish I could take everyone with me so they could experience what life in a developing country is like!)

Here are some items that the orphanage is always in need of:

  • Mosquito Spray (95% or higher DEET to protect from Malaria infected mosquitos; You can find this at most camping stores.)
  • Feminine Products
  • Pens
  • Scales (to weigh mothers at hospitals)
  • Batteries
  • Lotions
  • Soaps
  • Shampoo
  • Razors
  • Flip Flops
  • Pencils
  • Crayons
  • Bubbles, Balloons, Hot Wheel Type Cars (The students go crazy for these things!)
These items can be shipped by June 11 to:

Ruth Moll
850 Vindicator Dr. #305
Colorado Springs, CO 80919

Well, that is it for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment