Monday, June 7, 2010

Back Home In Indiana...

Greetings!

I'm taking a break from reading for class for a bit, and I decided I should post about my most recent visit home.

My nephew, Cayden, turned three on May 22. I like to check flight prices often just to see if any sweet deals are coming up. In March the tickets to come home for Cayden's birthday were insanely cheap. So after asking Steven if he would mind, I booked a flight home. I had texted Jenny, my oldest sister and Cayden's mom, if she would mind me coming home for his birthday. She immediately called me freaking out. She thought it would be wonderful. Now if you've ever met Jenny then you know that she has big ideas about life. You can tell from her work ethic and the way she does things that she wants things to be perfect. She came up with the brilliant idea to keep my trip home on the down low. The only real loud mouth who knew I was coming home was Cayd. When Jenny would ask who was coming to his birthday (he had a Spongebob themed birthday) he would say, "Aunt Roofie!" She had intended for him to say, "Spongebob." Luckily, the little man didn't let it slip! Curt came to get me at the airport late on Friday night, and I helped at the flower shop Saturday morning. Then I anxiously awaited the arrival of the birthday guests from Cayden's room upstairs. After everyone arrived Curt came to get me. With a Spongebob mask covering my face I stepped onto the back patio. Everyone was back by the garage in the shade. Aunt Diane was the first to notice. Everyone just stared for a second. I don't think my mom could believe her eyes. Finally, Aunt Diane said, "Is that Ruth?!" Mom came running up to the patio with tears in her eyes. She said, "I didn't want to believe it because this family is known for sick jokes!" It was so great to see everyone, and we had a fun filled day celebrating Cayden's birth.

The rest of my time in Indiana was spent visiting with family and friends. I made it back to Vogel's to try out Cayden's new slip n' slide which made me feel old because my body was sore after playing on that with him for three hours.

It was a great trip home, but I was excited to get back to Steven and the kids (we call our dogs "the kids").

We've been busy packing for our move this Friday. Steven has been making the LONG commute to Denver everyday so I know he is excited to move. I'm going to miss the Springs. My mom is coming to help us move. She'll get her Wednesday, and we are excited for her arrival.

Until then I have a paper to write, a quiz to take, four chapters to read, and a final to study for. I better get back to studying! :)

One last thing....I leave for Africa Sunday. Please pray for a safe trip! Also, please pray that Josh and Steven don't get in any trouble while I'm gone!!

Pictures of our hike up Blodgett Peak should be coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment